HELLO CHARACTER REF SHEET
Posts tagged useful.
• Accidentally close a tab? Ctrl+Shift+T reopens it.
• Bananas release dopamine, eat them when you’re sad.
• CTRL+SHIFT+ESC is the one handed version of CTRL+ALT+DEL
• Don’t brush your teeth hard, it makes them sensitive and removes enamel.
• Don’t like spiders? Put citronella oil on your walls and they will not go there.
• Drink one glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have, you’ll get drunk without getting a hangover.
• Get clear ice cubes by boiling water before freezing it
• Heal paper cuts and immediately stop the pain with chapstick.
• If you accidentally write on your dry erase board with a permanent marker, scribble over it with a dry eraser marker to remove it.
• If your shoes smell, put them in the freezer overnight, it will kill the bacteria.
• Make bug bites stop itching with a banana peel.
• Make a paper longer with 12-point text, but 14-point periods and commas.
• Need to get around a blocked website at work? Try replacing the http:// with https://
• Never send your resume as a word file (unless asked) Instead, print it to a pdf file, it’s much cleaner and professional looking.
• Pick a flavor of gum you don’t normally chew, and chew it while studying during a test.
• Place a piece of bread in a container with your homemade cookies and they will stay soft.
• Put a dry towel into a dryer with wet clothes, they will dry faster.
• Put toothpaste on a pimple and it will dry out.
• Practise fake smiling in the mirror every day before going to work/school, you’ll genuinely start to feel happier.
• Rub canola/olive oil on knives before cutting onions, you won’t cry, alternatively chew gum and you won’t either.
• Short on time with a wrinkled dress shirt? Hang it up in the bathroom to steam it flat.
• The night before, place things you don’t want to forget the next morning on top of your shoes.
• Use hydrogen peroxide to remove blood stains from clothing.
• When cleaning windows use newspapers or coffee filters instead of paper towels, they will not leave streaks.
• When microwaving bread products/pizza put a glass of water in with it, it will keep your bread for going spongy.
• When you move into a new place you’re renting, take pictures of any and all damage, then post them on facebook (privately if preferred) so you can use the reference date as proof you didn’t do it.
• When searching plane tickets online delete your cookies prior, prices go up when you visit a site multiple times. <sma
Offered in New York City Friday - Saturday nights 12AM-4AM. If you or a friend need a safe ride, please call! Save this number and spread the word! What a wonderful organization
This sounds like a really great resource!
Because signal boost.
I recently read an interview with the founders of this organization, and it sounds like they are doing amazing work. They are trying to expand and serve more neighborhoods and offer extended hours, but their ability to do so hinges on donations and volunteers.
For my NY followers
I hope this can expand into more cities and times!
Alright, I thought I’d make this quick tutorial to show how different sharpening settings can improve the quality of your GIF and to contrast how they’ll look in the end. - Of course there are much more variations than the ones I showed, they’re just those I personally use the most.
But first of all, after you’ve made your GIF (which I won’t explain anymore how to do so), go to “Filter” > “Sharpen” > “Smart Sharpen…” and make sure you have all of the settings put in that you can see HERE. - Don’t concentrate on the highlighted parts though, these are the ones you’ll have to change to get the results as demonstrated in the images for each case. That’s it. It’s really simple actually, but very effective. :)
*If you have any questions, leave me an ask and I’ll try to help or be a bit more specific when necessary.
*Please LIKE or REBLOG this post if it was helpful/useful for you!
Here’s a project I’m currently working on that I’d love to have some feedback for. Anything would be good, but since this is still pretty rough I’m especially looking for advice on composition and colors/hues/values/whathaveyou. It is supposed to be a “red” theme, so any advice on how to make it seem more red while still keeping the coloring realistic would be nice as well! Also I really suck at rocks and ground, so I guess advice on that? I don’t know, I need it all. :P
Thank you very much.
I’ll give you some advice on the composition here. Since that’s the biggest issue here.
One thing that should always be considered is the well known “Rule of 3rds” which I’ve mentioned in previous critiques. The rule of 3rds isn’t that complicated, it’s a lot about where you place the “focus points” in a painting. Focus points is basically what you want the viewers eye to first look at. Therefore you should avoid placing key objects and focus points in the centre of an image, since we want our eyes to wander around the painting.
This is my so called “redlining” or paint-over of your submission.
One thing to remember is that there’s a reason why canvas dimensions are called either “landscape” or “portrait” - pictures that shows a lot of environmental elements work best on a canvas with more width than height. On your version, you picked a “portrait” dimension of the canvas, which makes the environment feel cramped up and too tight.
A sunset/sunrise is a typically serene scenario, using a wider canvas helps you increase this feeling.
Now also note that I placed the bunnies on the area where the red lines meet, as well as the sun on the opposite cross. Whenever you have an image with two objects looking/facing each other it’s always good to use this “diagonal” placement after the rule of 3rds. it’s classic and always work.
I decided to not go too much in to the rest of the picture, because I think that just by fixing the composition you have already improved the picture a lot.
I hope this was of any help. :)
REBLOGGABLE VERSION BY REQUEST;
IVE GOT A FEW ASKS ASKING THIS,
EXPLAINS UNDER THE CUUUTTT
here are some nice things to do to waste time on the internet if you want to be distracted for some reason
thE OPERATION WAS A SUCCESS
to get an animated png avatar convert a gif to 64x64px and convert it to apng with this
if you have chrome you will need this plugin to see it but if you use firefox/opera it works fine